[Spce-user] Fax issue

Matthias Hohl matthias.hohl at telematica.at
Fri Oct 21 09:29:40 EDT 2016

Hello,

we also had this problem with Asterisk and 3CX… the problem was, that asterisk is not setting the right values for the t38 handshake 3CX requires. So it doesn’t work out of the box.

If you see the debugging log oft he 3cx you shoul see the problem:

    <RCV_ERROR>Call was either not from a fax machine, or else fax handshaking failed</RCV_ERROR>

09:57:22.143|2788|(0):FAXServer,

Error reported thru T38__SET_CONFIG_CO (nai = 1)

09:57:22.143|2788|(0):FAXServer,

   error source = (238) FOIP__START_ERR_SRC__T38_SESSION_CONFIG, Process: Session Configuration of T.38 entity (T38__SET_CONFIG_RQ (T38__SESSION_CNF))

09:57:22.143|2788|(0):FAXServer,

   error code   = (111) T38__CFG_ERR_T38_CAP__2_FAX_MAX_BUFFER_SIZE, T38__cap__fax_max_buffer_size < T38__cap__max_datagram_size

The problem is, that Asterisk is not sending the MAX BUFFER SIZE so 3cx is setting there default value

Standardwerte der 3CX:

                   ushort fax_max_buffer_size; (10500)

                   ushort max_datagram_size;   (1500)

                   ushort fax_max_buffer_size; If missing (1024)

                   ushort max_datagram_size;   If missing (1024)

But MAX BUFFER SIZE must be bigger as MAX DATAGRAM otherwise faxing to 3CX does not working.

I hope i could help you a bit with your problem…