[Spce-user] Best version for production use

William Fulton wfulton at thirdhatch.com
Tue Aug 8 12:54:56 EDT 2017

Stephen,

The most recent LTS version is MR4.5.5.

Thanks,
Bill

From: Spce-user [mailto:spce-user-bounces at lists.sipwise.com] On Behalf Of Stephen Donovan
Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 9:46 AM
To: Spce-user <spce-user at lists.sipwise.com>
Subject: [Spce-user] Best version for production use

Hello,

I'm about to build a new production VM for sipwise for one of our companies.  What is the best version to use that is supported long term?  Currently we are still using 2.8 on Debian 6, which is near impossible to install these days.

Will 2.8 install on a newer OS version?  Can I load the 2.8 database on a newer version and upgrade the database structure in place or do I need to install 2.8 and upgrade software and database together?

Stephen