[Spce-user] Best version for production use
alutay at sipwise.com
Wed Aug 9 06:02:21 EDT 2017
Sipwise doesn't support 2.8 any longer, while what I remember:
1) it still should be possible to install 2.8 if really necessary.
Ensure you are using Debian Squeeze repositories on debian.sipwise.com.
Also 2.8 Install CD is still available here:
It is just for the history here.
P.S. the list of squeeze apt repositories are available here:
2) it is highly recommended to update to the recent/supported LTS
version. As William/Bill wrote the latest LTS is mr4.5.5
You can upgrade on it into 3 steps:
- upgrade on the latest 2.8 packages (you must have new keyring installed)
- upgrade to mr3.8.10 in one jump
- upgrade to mr4.5.5 in one jump
3) You can test your upgrade on Vagrant system:
Fire Vagrant CE 2.8 image, copy your config/db there
and test upgrade using standard procedures:
P.S. do NOT forget to compare packages list installed on your production
system to default vagrant one. Clean unnecessary packages before the
upgrade or install on Vagrant to keep them in sync during the test upgrade.
4) Sure you can install modern mr4.5.5 LTS and migrate DB/configs
manually. While the difference if too big IMHO. It is easier to upgrade
the copy of your system in Vagrant and copy DB/Configs from vagrant
mr4.5.5 to newly installed mr4.5.5 if you really want to have 'clean'
On 08/08/2017 06:46 PM, Stephen Donovan wrote:
> I'm about to build a new production VM for sipwise for one of our
> companies. What is the best version to use that is supported long term?
> Currently we are still using 2.8 on Debian 6, which is near impossible
> to install these days.
> Will 2.8 install on a newer OS version? Can I load the 2.8 database on
> a newer version and upgrade the database structure in place or do I need
> to install 2.8 and upgrade software and database together?
More information about the Spce-user