[Spce-user] Inconsistent media anchoring after upgrade from 3.8.4 to 4.5.3

Kalen Krueger kalen at npinfo.com
Mon Jan 9 20:55:16 EST 2017

We anchor media at the sip:provider CE device, and after we did the upgrade on Saturday it appeared in our testing that most of the gear registered to subscribers worked fine (namely Asterisk boxes).  We found out this morning that some devices weren't being anchored correctly (i.e. Adtran routers), and instead the sip:provider CE device was telling them to anchor with the upstream provider.  We were unable to quickly identify the cause/fix, so we had to roll back to 3.8.4.

Per some other threads, I looked in the contents of /etc/ngcp/config/network.yml and nothing I did seemed to help.   We will do some more testing in the near future, but here's what the contents of that file look like.  Any ideas?

Here are the contents after the upgrade... is it something to do with the rtp_int setting?:

---
hosts:
  self:
    dbnode: '1'
    eth0:
      ip: 162.211.23.165
      netmask: 255.255.255.224
      type:
        - web_ext
        - sip_ext
        - rtp_ext
        - ssh_ext
        - web_int
    interfaces:
      - lo
      - eth0
    lo:
      cluster_sets:
        - default
      ip: 127.0.0.1
      netmask: 255.255.255.0
      shared_ip: []
      shared_v6ip: []
      type:
        - sip_int
        - ha_int
        - aux_ext
        - ssh_ext
        - api_int
        - rtp_int
      v6ip: '::1'
    role:
      - proxy
      - lb
      - mgmt
      - rtp
      - db

Here are the contents before the upgrade:
---
hosts:
  self:
    dbnode: 1
    eth0:
      ip: 162.211.23.165
      netmask: 255.255.255.224
      type:
        - web_ext
        - sip_ext
        - rtp_ext
        - ssh_ext
        - web_int
    interfaces:
      - lo
      - eth0
    lo:
      cluster_sets:
        - default
      ip: 127.0.0.1
      netmask: 255.255.255.0
      shared_ip: []
      shared_v6ip: []
      type:
        - sip_int
        - ha_int
        - aux_ext
        - ssh_ext
      v6ip: '::1'
    role:
      - proxy
      - lb
      - mgmt
      - rtp
      - db

Kalen Krueger | Technical and Project Manager | kalen at npinfo.com
o: 253.852.1543 | d: 253.479.1321 | m: 206.963.1309
NP Information Systems | www.npinfo.com<http://www.npinfo.com>

[http://www.npinfo.com/images/npi-logo.gif]

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.