[Spce-user] Peering Rule callee pattern NOT allow a number

William Fulton wfulton at thirdhatch.com
Sat Oct 28 21:05:47 EDT 2017

Stephen,

We have accomplished this by adding a peering rule to our E911 carrier with blank callee prefix and pattern, and 911 in the caller pattern. We named the rule Emergency Rule.

We also control the ability to dial 911 at the PBX level, by pattern matching on Asterisk.

This has worked for us for a few years now. I am certainly open to other precautions and protection we can put in place since rouge 911 calls can be costly.

Cheers,
Bill