[Spce-user] second invite with the main number

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Mon Sep 4 08:18:56 EDT 2017

Theo,
the fallback to main number works in our platform in a way that if
there's an extension or if callee has e164_to_ruri enabled we first send
dialed alias/extension number; on 404, we send real user. There are
actually two scenarios when this happens:

1) user has E.164 number 12345678 and somebody dials number 1234567890.
Sipwise systems automatically sends INVITE to the AOR of user !! after
changing R-URI user to dialed number !! and if it replies 404 sends to
the AOR of user (so you see 2nd INVITE).

2) the hosted PBX user as I would create it should have alphanumeric
username and a set of aliases assigned to it. The PBX would register one
with AOR like sip:s@<PUBLIC_IP>. When one of the aliases assigned to
that user is dialed, the platform normally sends the call to
sip:s@<PUBLIC_IP> and normally this is not what you would want, so we
have preference e164_to_ruri that overwrites the R-URI user to alias
number. If the PBX replies 404 the call would go to registered AOR.

Please let me know what you would like to change because I do not get
where the problem is. It is easy to disable the fallback (in routing
logic) once it is clear what/why needs to be done. It might be that you
are just mixing up the numbers with usernames in the 2nd scenario, so
PBX is registering with AOR where registration username belongs to other
PBX? Could you please elaborate?

Andrew