[Spce-user] clients having difficulty with domain concept

Theo axessofficetheo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 18:24:18 EST 2018

Apologies, I see I accidentally replied to the posters only. My response
was:

The issue is that I have multiple resellers. I can't create that domain and
assign it to multiple resellers or am I seeing that wrong - so the solution
of just adding the ip as a domain won't work for that.

Another option would be to create the IP domain (in order to accept
incoming reqeust), leave the subscriber on the URL-domain and enable the
"ignore_auth_realm", so the domain is not used in the AUTH process.

I did this and that solves the problem but there is another snatch. Calls
for various clients have to go out through different peers using remote
authentication settings in the subscriber. The way those calls are forced
out over peer x y or z is by using the domain as a pattern. Because the
domain is not present in the header, it does not select the correct peer
anymore. I am getting around that for the moment by asking the client to
prefix their calls and select the peer based on that but that's not ideal.
What would work is if a peer could be selected based on who the client is.
Any way of doing that?