[Spce-user] Fail-over SIP Trunk

Steve Saner ssaner at hubris.net
Thu May 24 17:12:35 EDT 2018

So I have a SIP trunk to a customer provisioned as a subscriber. It is
IP based in that there is a permanent registration to the customer IP
address, and that IP address is a trusted source. I have multiple
numbers defined in the subscriber. All call to those numbers are routed
to the customer over this trunk. Pretty standard SIP trunk setup I think.

Now I'd like to provision a fail-over SIP trunk to a different customer
device on a different IP address. I'd like calls for their numbers to be
routed to the primary trunk, but if that route fails, I'd like it to
fail-over to the 2nd trunk.

Is this possible? I can imagine registering a 2nd IP address in the
subscriber, but don't know how to prioritize one over the other. I can
also imagine creating a 2nd subscriber, but again, how to prioritize one
over the other?

Thanks for any help.

Steve