[Spce-user] Problem with Peering Registration

Walter Klomp walter at myrepublic.net
Fri Nov 9 21:00:17 EST 2018

Hi Emmanuel,

This sounds more a provider issue than Sipwise. Sipwise will always authenticate with the credentials given a 407 comes back.

Registration is usually only done to announce where inbound calls need to go to. (Having said that, sipwise should be sending registrations at least once an hour - did you check with sngrep or other sniffer that it’s indeed not sending anything, ever?)

Yours sincerely,
Walter

> On 9 Nov 2018, at 10:22 PM, EMMANUEL AFANG <afang.emmanuel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (got a response from your server that I am not a member but posting to members, so I registered and re-posted)
> Hi
> I use the free edition of 3CX and I am able to do Registrations with a Peering Partner with the following settings (changed):
> IN 3CX This Works:
> Registrar/Server/Gateway Hostname or IP   ==   sytypeer.com   (port 5096)
> Outbound Proxy                                            ==   1.1.1.244     (port 5096)
> Type of Authentication                                  ==   Register
> Authentication ID (aka SIP User ID)             ==   11111uuuuu22222
> Authentication Password                              ==   11111ppppp22222
>
> To configure the equivalence of this on sipwise, I did this:
> IN SIPWISE CE GUI Peering Servers:
> IP Address   ==  1.1.1.244  (port 5096)
> Probing      ==  (checked the box)
> IN SIPWISE CE GUI Peering Server Preferences:
> peer_auth_user      ==  11111uuuuu22222
> peer_auth_pass      ==  11111ppppp22222
> peer_auth_realm     ==  sytypeer.com
> peer_auth_register  ==  (checked the box)
> IN SIPWISE CE /etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/ngcp-sems/etc/reg_agent.conf.tt2
> domain=sytypeer.com
> user=11111uuuuu22222
> pwd=11111ppppp22222
> (the description says: 'Only set "domain", "user" and "pwd", and leave "proxy" and "contact" EXACTLY')
>
> With the above SIPWISE settings, I still am not able to REGISTER with partner. In fact, SIPWISE is NOT sending REGISTRATIONS. The callflow is like this:
> sipwise sends INVITE ---->>  Provider
> sipwise receives 100 Trying <<-----  Provider
> sipwise receives 403 Forbidden <<-----  Provider
> sipwise sends ACK ---->>  Provider
>
> What I am thinking is whether sipwise was expecting to get a 407 Proxy Authentication Required before it performs the REGISTRATION, if so, how do I make sipwise REGISTER with peer partner like 3CX does?
>
> Best Regards
>

> Emmanuel Afang
>

> Mobile +2347084280332
> Email:  afang.emmanuel at gmail.com
>
> Skype: afang.emmanuel
>

>> On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 3:11 PM EMMANUEL AFANG <afang.emmanuel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>> I use the free edition of 3CX and I am able to do Registrations with a Peering Partner with the following settings (changed):
>> IN 3CX This Works:
>> Registrar/Server/Gateway Hostname or IP   ==   sytypeer.com   (port 5096)
>> Outbound Proxy                                            ==   1.1.1.244     (port 5096)
>> Type of Authentication                                  ==   Register
>> Authentication ID (aka SIP User ID)             ==   11111uuuuu22222
>> Authentication Password                              ==   11111ppppp22222
>>
>> To configure the equivalence of this on sipwise, I did this:
>> IN SIPWISE CE GUI Peering Servers:
> [...]

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may
also be privileged. You must not disseminate the contents of this email and
any attachments without permission of the sender. If you have received this
email by mistake, please delete all copies and inform the sender
immediately. You may refer to our company's Privacy Policy here
<https://myrepublic.net/sg/legal/terms-of-use-policies/privacy-policy/>.