[Spce-user] T.38 to G.711a transcoding for peerings and vice versa

Hohl Matthias matthias.hohl at telematica.at
Thu Nov 15 05:45:42 EST 2018

Hello,

Today I got the information that A1 Telekom is not supporting T.38 in there IC network.

Only if the traffic is a Transit Call, T.38 will be supported as “Pass-Through”.

All other Fax Calls with a Reinvite to T.38 will be “not acceptable here”.

For better fax stability I want to allow T.38 for my subscribers.

Therefore I want to allow T.38 just on subscriber side. On peering side, T.38 has to be transcoded to G.711a, if the destination network is A1 Telekom. Also if a FAX comes from A1 with G.711a it should be transcoded to T.38 for our subscribers, of the subscriber support T.38.

IS it possible to implement this transcoding option in any way on the SPCE mr6.5.1? Maybe with a SEMS patch?

Would be nice if someone has an idea to solve this 😊

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Matthias Hohl