[Spce-user] mr6.4.1 testing

Henk henk at voipdigit.nl
Sun Sep 23 06:36:50 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm testing the latest release in VMware (which was original a 5.5
release). As soon as I upgrade to 6.4.1 I cannot ping other sites
anymore. It looks like DHCP is disabled.

network.yml shows (which was working before):

hosts:
   self:
     dbnode: '1'
     eth0:
       hwaddr: 00:0c:29:3f:e5:7c
       ip: 10.0.1.228
       netmask: 255.255.255.0
       type:
       - web_ext
       - web_int
       - sip_ext
       - rtp_ext
       - ssh_ext
     interfaces:
     - lo
     - eth0

As I was using DHCP, I searched the whole manual and release notes for
DHCP, but no clues there, except for the new interfaces.tt2 file
The generated interfaces file doesn't look right.
So then I searched for ngcp-network commands and tried ngcp-network
--set-interface=eth0 --dhcp=yes
which added dhcp: yes right after eth0:, so I removed ip, netmask and
hwaddr lines.
After ngcpcfg apply I had to restart the network manually to finally get
things working again.

The new working configuration for DHCP:
hosts:
   self:
     dbnode: '1'
     eth0:
       dhcp: yes
       type:

To get things working without DHCP, I think gateway and DNS servers have
to be added, but also nothing in the manual about this. I don't think
the example in section 12.1 will work anymore.

Regards,

Henk