[Spce-user] Disable services don't stop them

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Sat Sep 22 10:12:07 EDT 2018

El Sat, 22 Sep 2018 13:07:26 +0200
Daniel Grotti <dgrotti at sipwise.com> escribió:

> Ho Jon,
> Yes, Disabling service in config.yml does not stop the service but just
> forbid the service to (re)start at  boot. You need to manually stop the
> service.

But stop is not allowed

root at xxx:~# /etc/init.d/mediator stop
mediator not yet configured. Edit /etc/default/mediator first.

You need to kill it.

Even more, I think disabling should stop the service. As the change
in /etc/default triggers a restart via .service file, that should stop and not
start the service which is would I would expect.

I think the "$RUN_MEDIATOR" != "yes" should only be checked the same
as "/usr/sbin/ngcp-check_active", when you need to check if start should be
executed. That way when you disable mediator or other service it would be
stopped and if you want to stop it you'd be allowed.

--
https://pekepbx.com
https://www.issabel.com/multitenant