[Spce-user] Call does not stop after hang-up

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Mon Jan 7 08:35:25 EST 2019

On 01/07/2019 11:18 AM, Alex Lutay wrote:
> The only hint I can give you is open kamailio log
> using "less", find "dlg_ontimeout(): timeout for dlg with CallID"
> and check the log lines nearby. Sometimes kamailio
> reports errors without call-id, as a result you do not
> see them when "grep" logs by call-id.

I think this is a side effect of misrouted message in a BYE, where
kamailio reports that the dialog expired due to timeout. This does not
point at cause of the issue, but is rather a symptom that something went
unexpected ways. For example, it could be logged due to dialog module
noack_timeout (1 minute by default) since the message appears in roughly
one minute plus some seconds after BYE is received. In any case, this is
a passive message related to active dialogs tracking in kamailio.

Marcos wrote that the issue occurs with one specific equipment type,
which makes me think this is an endpoint issue, e.g. end device is
sending incorrect contact or record-route in the 200 ok message. I have
encountered some devices in the past that send server's FQDN rather that
its own public IP In contact header. As a result, the message will be
looped and/or dropped inside kamailio. Those are some of the points to
check, but the file I have received from Marcos in private was corrupted
- probably stopped in the middle of capture (wireshark says "The capture
file appears to be damaged or corrupt.
(pcap: File has 1634614131-byte packet, bigger than maximum of 262144)")
so I have not managed to check this and also didn't have time to follow-up.

Please send a new file if you still need help on this Marcos.

Andrew