[Spce-user] Installing Amazon AMI mr7 doesn't work

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Tue Mar 5 10:52:47 EST 2019

* Daniele Renda [Tue Mar 05, 2019 at 12:22:39PM +0100]:

> thanks for your reply.

> Actually I made several test. I also installed C5 from a clean Debian 9
> using the installer on AWS and on another provider.
> I had trouble that mainly are related to performance I guess. I was barely
> able to log-in and after few minutes everything went stuck.

> Now I retried with the preconfigured ami instance this time trying a
> t2.medium instance. Previously I was using a t2.small (it was just a test).

> I already launched the

> ngcp-toggle-performance-config

> with --low-performance parameter. Now the UI is more responsive even if
> I've not load at all. I'll keep monitored to see if the instance get stuck
> again.

> Do you confirm the C5 image cannot run on a instance smaller than a
> t2.medium?

t2.small with its 2GB memory and 1 vCPU (for a 4h 48m burst) is
enough for accessing it via SSH and tuning it, but especially
without swap space and depending on your neighbours you might get
really poor performance with a t2.small instance.

So yes, I'd recommend usage with >=t2.medium which provides 4GB
memory and 2 vCPUs.

(I'll take care of updating the documentation accordingly.)

regards,
-mika-