[Spce-user] Nat configuration with AWS AMI

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Tue Mar 5 11:08:14 EST 2019

On 05/03/2019 09.59, Daniele Renda wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to C5 CE, so sorry if my question is too banal.
> I installed C5 mr7.1.1 on a AWS t2.medium instance. I followed step by
> step the tutorial https://www.sipwise.org/doc/mr7.1.1 and I also set
> the advertised-ip.
>
> I created a peer (outbound/inbound). The scenario is simple: I have a
> DID bought from a provider and I need to receive and make calls via
> SipwiseC5.
>
> I was able to create the outbound registration to the provider, but in
> the provider side I see the registration comes with the private ip of
> the EC2 instance (i.e. 172.xx.xx.xx): so when I make a call to my
> mobile phone for example I see the phone ringing but when I pick up
> the call I don't hear any audio.
>
> The rtp.log shows:
>
> ] INFO: [313535313739363530363535363736-52dacv20j9ei]: ------ Media #1
> (audio over RTP/AVP) using unknown codec
> Mar  5 14:35:54 ip-172-31-25-213 (info) rtpengine[591]:
> [1551796554.000202] INFO:
> [313535313739363530363535363736-52dacv20j9ei]: --------- Port
> 172.31.25.213:30114 <http://172.31.25.213:30114> <>
> 95.xx.xx.252:63416, SSRC 0, 0 p, 0
>
> Where should I specify my public ip in order it is used correctly also
> for RTP stream? I didn't find hints in the guide.

The advertised-ip is supposed to take care of that. You can confirm it
by looking at the `interface=` line in /etc/rtpengine/rtpengine.conf, it
should look something like this:

interface = ext/172.31.25.213!198.51.100.23;int/127.0.0.1;int/::1

In rtp.log you still see the internal private IP address since this is
what rtpengine uses to actually send and receive packets.

You can further confirm it by setting rtpengine's log level to 7 (debug)
and then looking at the outgoing SDP body after rewrite in rtp.log.

Cheers