[Spce-user] Spce-user Digest, Vol 10, Issue 15

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Thu Apr 16 03:34:42 EDT 2020

Hi all,

On 4/15/20 8:20 PM, cappellari at connectlife.it wrote:
> After executing the ngcpcfg apply command I get:
>  Job for kamailio-proxy.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
> See "systemctl status kamailio-proxy.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

All those errors are results of failed MariaDB start.

> MYSQL LOG:
> 2020-04-14 13:11:35 0 [Warning] InnoDB: Log scan aborted at LSN 172493312
> 2020-04-14 13:11:35 0 [ERROR] InnoDB: Plugin initialization aborted with error Generic error
> 2020-04-14 13:11:36 0 [Note] InnoDB: Starting shutdown...

Which means MariaDB cannot read binlogs because they are encrypted. See
/etc/ngcp-config/constants.yml

> mysql:
>   encryption:
>     enable: yes
>     encrypt_binlog: yes
>     key: 1;somesecretkeyhere

I believe your problem in wrong OLD key on NEW server:
1) you have installed NEW system and NEW MariaDB key is generated
2) those NEW key is in use for current MariaDB encryption
2) you have copied constants.yml from OLD system and saved it AS AS
including the old encryption key. "ngcpcfg apply" updated MariaDB
configs and restarted MariaDB -> MariaDB cannot start
(binlogs are encrypted with NEW key but my.cnf has OLD key now).

IMHO, you should replace OLD mysql.encryption.key in constants.yml to
NEW one after copying constants.yml from old system (before you call
"ngcpcfg apply").

Please share your results and we will update public documentation to
highlight this use case!

--
Alex Lutay