[Spce-user] Upgrade from 6.5.5 to 7.5.2 - debian obsolete packages

Alex Lutay alutay at sipwise.com
Tue Feb 11 09:44:59 EST 2020

Hi.

TL;DR: better do NOT call  aptitude purge '~o'

Long answer: sure it is nice to have the house clean
and obsolete packages are normally unnecessary on the system.

Sipwise takes care to provide all necessary packages for all
releases via Sipwise debian repositories on deb.sipwise.com +
debian.sipwise.com. So, no absolete must be available on the clean
installation. Sipwise have nightly automated tests here.

However during the upgrade and/or after changing apt source files you
might have false positive results on aptitude search.
"105 packages are absolete" sounds like this case.

The rule of thumb: the main NGCP meta package "ngcp-ngcp-ce"
MUST be installed after all the operations you are doing with package.
It provides all the necessary dependencies for NGCP.

STOP IF "aptitude purge" wants to delete ngcp-ngcp-ce.

Have fun!

--
Alex Lutay