[Spce-user] Moving Database to Dedicated Galera Cluster

Walter Klomp walter at myrepublic.net
Thu Dec 29 12:44:01 EST 2022

A hint. When I did this some time ago I just used haproxy to work around
this problem. Haproxy also has the advantage to auto switch to a live host.

On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 at 17:10, Jon Bonilla (Manwe) <manwe at sipdoc.net> wrote:

> El Wed, 28 Dec 2022 19:58:38 +0100 (CET)
> "cappellari at connectlife.it" <cappellari at connectlife.it> escribió:
>
> > Hi, I'm moving MySQL databases to a dedicated Galera cluster. I copied
> all
> > the databases, created the users on the new cluster and assigned the
> related
> > permissions for each DB.
> >
> > I'm running into two problems:
> >
> > 1. Redis tries to connect to cluster port 6379 instead of localhost,
> what is
> > the custom TT to change to connect to localhost? 2. while sending the
> ngcpcfg
> > apply command, some errors appear relating to the mysql.proc table
> (functions
> > are missing). There are other databases on the cluster, is it
> recommended to
> > dedicate the cluster only to Sipwise? Thank you
>

> Be careful with moving the db outside the ngcp system.
>
> When dumping to the external host make sure you also dump functions and
> triggers because the ngcp dbschema heavily relies on them.
>
> I'm not sure how is in recent releases but in the past redis and mysql were
> pointed to the same host by the templates. If you want redis and mysql in
> different hosts you'll need customtt files for all redis connections
>
> Some scripts like cleanup may not work well outside the host. Check that
> all
> scripts that affect db use the external host and no connection is
> hardcoded to
> localhost. Check that ngcp-update-db-schema works with the external host
>
> Check the sipwise user permissions in the galera database. You might need
> tweak them and also include "localhost" as host for some
> functions/procedures.
>

> In general, I would not recommend using an external galera system unless
> you
> know what you're doing.
>

> cheers,
>
> Jon
>

> --
> PekePBX, the multitenant PBX solution
> https://pekepbx.com
> --

[image: Email header]
[image: Company logo] <https://scribe-mail.myrepublic.net/s2/axf8hvuz>
Walter Klomp
Head of Voice Network
[image: Phone] *+6568161120* <+6568161120>
[image: Phone] *walter at myrepublic.net* <walter at myrepublic.net>
Beyond Work: VR Sim Racing, F1, Travel
11 Lorong 3 Toa Payoh, #04-11/15, Jackson Square, Block B, Singapore 319579
*www.myrepublic.net* <https://scribe-mail.myrepublic.net/s2/z0zrbzi8>
*[image: facebook-f] *
<https://scribe-mail.myrepublic.net/s2/29x4dvjv> *[image:
instagram] * <https://scribe-mail.myrepublic.net/s2/0d3lbnxt> *[image:
twitter] * <https://scribe-mail.myrepublic.net/s2/ijwwdstc> *[image:
linkedin-in] * <https://scribe-mail.myrepublic.net/s2/3ljl3jmh>
The information in this message is privileged and confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient of this email, please don't read, copy, use,
distribute or tell anyone about it; kindly destroy it and notify the sender
by return email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not
consent to email for messages of this kind. Any content that is not
concerned with MyRepublic business reflects the views of the sender only
and not those of MyRepublic.

--
The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may
also be privileged. You must not disseminate the contents of this email and