[Spce-user] Moving Database to Dedicated Galera Cluster

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Thu Dec 29 04:09:41 EST 2022

El Wed, 28 Dec 2022 19:58:38 +0100 (CET)
"cappellari at connectlife.it" <cappellari at connectlife.it> escribió:

> Hi, I'm moving MySQL databases to a dedicated Galera cluster. I copied all
> the databases, created the users on the new cluster and assigned the related
> permissions for each DB.
>
> I'm running into two problems:
>
> 1. Redis tries to connect to cluster port 6379 instead of localhost, what is
> the custom TT to change to connect to localhost? 2. while sending the ngcpcfg
> apply command, some errors appear relating to the mysql.proc table (functions
> are missing). There are other databases on the cluster, is it recommended to
> dedicate the cluster only to Sipwise? Thank you

Be careful with moving the db outside the ngcp system.

When dumping to the external host make sure you also dump functions and
triggers because the ngcp dbschema heavily relies on them.

I'm not sure how is in recent releases but in the past redis and mysql were
pointed to the same host by the templates. If you want redis and mysql in
different hosts you'll need customtt files for all redis connections

Some scripts like cleanup may not work well outside the host. Check that all
scripts that affect db use the external host and no connection is hardcoded to
localhost. Check that ngcp-update-db-schema works with the external host

Check the sipwise user permissions in the galera database. You might need to
tweak them and also include "localhost" as host for some  functions/procedures.

In general, I would not recommend using an external galera system unless you
know what you're doing.

cheers,

Jon

--