[Spce-user] RTPEngine ERR FAILED TO CREATE KERNEL TABLE 0

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Wed Jun 29 09:34:25 EDT 2022

On 17/05/2022 17.21, Weiqi Yao wrote:

> Hello community,
>
> I am not sure if this is the correct community to reach out to, but
> just want to see if anyone has experience deploy RTPEngine work with
> Kamailio PCSCF.
>
> I am new to RTPEngine, after I finished installed it, I always get:
>
> ERR: [core] FAILED TO CREATE KERNEL TABLE 0 (No such file or
> directory), KERNEL FORWARDING DISABLED
>
> I tried on a Debian 10 docker container first(with Base Host
> Ubuntu16), and I searched and see someone said maybe missing of
> Linux-header package. Just to troubleshoot I tried to install it on a
> Debian 10 host directly, but I still get the same error message when
> running it.
>
> Anyone know why this keeps happening? Any comments are appreciated!

There can be a number of reasons for this, depending on how it was
installed, in what environment it's running in, and how it was started.
In general the kernel module needs to be compiled (usually through dkms)
and must be available (and possibly loaded ahead of time). Only native
host installations are supported out of the box - some container
environments are possible but require manual setup.

Head to the rtpengine mailing list to get this sorted out:

Cheers