[Spce-user] Email sending not possible: Failed to create spool file /var/spool/exim4//input//1ogBEz-000XK3-41-D: Permission denied

Thomas Georg t.georg at msg-gruppe.de
Wed Oct 5 17:04:19 EDT 2022

Hi,

we did a fresh setup with 10.5.2 (we used the ISO).
Our problem: SPCE is not able to send emails.

We reproduced this as followed:

Create a new subscriber with no email templates activated at the custumer > subscriber will be created.

Create a new subscriber with default email templates activated at the custumer > subscriber will not be created and a big red window full of "sendmail error messages" appears.

We discovered the logs an found in panel-fcgi-log the follwing: "Failed to create spool file /var/spool/exim4//input//1ogBEz-000XK3-41-D: Permission denied"
We wondered about the "//" at the path.

Has anyone any idea?

Regards
Thomas