[Spce-user] Assistance with Peering

Marco Capetta mcapetta at sipwise.com
Mon Apr 3 03:05:09 EDT 2023

Hi Trent,

the peer remote authentication should work out of the box setting the
preferences as Alejandro suggested.
If it still doesn't work for you, I suggest to:
* remove the flag from peer_auth_register preference and wait some minutes
* increase the log level of sems with the command:
      ngcp-loglevel sbc -sv
* set the flag in peer_auth_register preference
* check in sems logs if you see some REGISTER message is generated or if
you see some ERROR message
* after you completed the test, remember to decrease the log level of
sems with the command:
      ngcp-loglevel sbc -sd

If you notice some error, please report it here so we can investigate.

Thanks
Marco

On 03/04/23 02:30, Trent Creekmore wrote:

> Hello Alejandro,
>
> I double checked the "peer_auth_register" and it does for sure have a
> check mark in the "Value" field.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to respond.
>

> Trent
>

> On 4/2/23 17:41, Alejandro Mejia Evertsz wrote:
>> Hello Trent
>>
>> Did you enable "peer_auth_register" on the peering server preferences?
>> You may find the parameter close to the peer_auth_user/pass
>> parameters where you entered your registration credentials.
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 2, 2023 at 1:40 PM Trent Creekmore <trent at lindows.org> wrote:
>>
>>     Hello.
>>

>>     Following the documentation:
>>
>>     https://www.sipwise.com/doc/mr11.2.1/spce/ce/mr11.2.1/basicconfiguration/basicconfiguration.html#_creating_peering_servers
>>
>>     I created a peering server as the guide shows to a provider.
>>     However,
>>     after setting up the needed info and authentication details, I am
>>     not
>>     seeing any indications of the system even trying to make any
>>     connection/registration attempts.
>>
>>     Since there is nothing in the web interface to check, I used
>>     sngrep and
>>     watched for a while. Even going as far as rebooting the server
>>     and still
>>     nothing.
>>
>>     Any helpful tips on this?
>>
>>     Thanks!