[Spce-user] New to SipWise CE. Trying to use Let's Encrypt

Trent Creekmore trent at lindows.org
Thu Mar 23 18:33:35 EDT 2023

I installed it about a month ago, and have been doing some reading up on it
in the documentation. I do wish there was a "getting started quick" guide.

On to the issue at hand, Let's Encrypt. Looking at the history of this
mailing list, I see it was mentioned maybe 2-3 times, but that was quite a
few years ago. Those threads were not helpful.

The issue is Let's Encrypt needs port 80 to send requests to, and I see
nothing Is listening on port 80.

Digging on my own, I found out the Nginx config files are read only, and I
should instead be editing the /etc/ngcp-config/config.yml file.

Looking in config.yml, I see http_csc which appears to be the section which
handles the client portal with port 443 set. Not being familiar with this
config.yml, how is it possible to have it both listen on ports 89 and 443?

Any other suggestions on correctly using Let's Encrypt?

Thanks!

Trent