[Spce-user] New to SipWise CE. Trying to use Let's Encrypt

Walter Klomp walter at myrepublic.net
Fri Mar 24 04:05:42 EDT 2023

 Hi Trent,

I use this script to renew…

#!/bin/bash
if [ `certbot renew 2>&1|grep -c "Cert not yet due"` -lt 2 ]
then
service nginx stop
sleep 2
certbot renew
chown -R kamailio:ssl-cert /etc/letsencrypt
service nginx start
service kamailio-lb restart
ngcp-kamctl lb fifo debug 0
fi

in /etc/group
make sure ssl-cert have this
ssl-cert:x:112:prosody,www-data,kamailio

you may still need to set the chmod to 750 in /etc/letsencrypt/archive and
/etc/letsencrypt/live

first time installing cert (which I guess you have already done)

certbot certainly -d <domain name> -d <domain name> if you listen to
multiple domain names
choose standalone and make sure nginx is stopped - that will only affect
the panel and api - not a traffic stopper.
[image: Email header]
[image: Company logo] <https://scribe-mail.myrepublic.net/s2/5cp2v6ux>
Walter Klomp
Head of Voice Network
[image: Phone] *+6568161120* <+6568161120>
[image: Phone] *walter at myrepublic.net* <walter at myrepublic.net>
Beyond Work: VR Sim Racing, F1, Travel
11 Lorong 3 Toa Payoh, #04-11/15, Jackson Square, Block B, Singapore 319579
*www.myrepublic.net* <https://scribe-mail.myrepublic.net/s2/tidact0m>
*[image: facebook-f] *
<https://scribe-mail.myrepublic.net/s2/xx0nq9qs> *[image:
instagram] * <https://scribe-mail.myrepublic.net/s2/jrh0tzt9> *[image:
twitter] * <https://scribe-mail.myrepublic.net/s2/jo8r4exb> *[image:
linkedin-in] * <https://scribe-mail.myrepublic.net/s2/37lmu5mw>
The information in this message is privileged and confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient of this email, please don't read, copy, use,
distribute or tell anyone about it; kindly destroy it and notify the sender
by return email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not
consent to email for messages of this kind. Any content that is not
concerned with MyRepublic business reflects the views of the sender only
and not those of MyRepublic.

On 24 Mar 2023 at 6:33:35 AM, Trent Creekmore <trent at lindows.org> wrote:

> I installed it about a month ago, and have been doing some reading up on
> it in the documentation. I do wish there was a “getting started quick”
> guide.
>

> On to the issue at hand, Let’s Encrypt. Looking at the history of this
> mailing list, I see it was mentioned maybe 2-3 times, but that was quite a
> few years ago. Those threads were not helpful.
>

> The issue is Let’s Encrypt needs port 80 to send requests to, and I see
> nothing Is listening on port 80.
>

> Digging on my own, I found out the Nginx config files are read only, and I
> should instead be editing the /etc/ngcp-config/config.yml file.
>

> Looking in config.yml, I see http_csc which appears to be the section
> which handles the client portal with port 443 set. Not being familiar with
> this config.yml, how is it possible to have it both listen on ports 89 and
> 443?
>

> Any other suggestions on correctly using Let’s Encrypt?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Trent
> --

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may
also be privileged. You must not disseminate the contents of this email and
any attachments without permission of the sender. If you have received this
email by mistake, please delete all copies and inform the sender
immediately. You may refer to our company's Privacy Policy here
<https://myrepublic.net/sg/legal/terms-of-use-policies/privacy-policy/>.