[Spce-user] Resellers and broken billing profiles best practices

Barry Flanagan barry at flanagan.ie
Thu Sep 21 09:54:33 EDT 2023

On 21/09/2023 14:08, Jiri Ptacnik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> anybody using Reseller functionality on SPCE?
>
> Thinking about rate-o-mat problems with not-well configured billing
> profiles. Any reseller could make own billing profile, or more, and if
> he make a mistake, it shut down rate-o-mat and it will affect
> everybody on server.

Yes, this has been one of my biggest gripes with the C5. In my previous
company we had many resellers on a C5 Carrier platform and this was a
constant headache. I asked multiple times if this behaviour could be
changed to not kill rate-o-mat but mark the CDR as in suspense and raise
an alert instead of just dying. Sipwise were not willing to do it and I
never understood quite why.

I think if rate-o-mat simply marked such CDR rating_status field as
"suspense" or similar and carried on, then it is up to the operator to
go through these before the end of the billing period and add the
necessary rates. Then rate-o-mat would pick them up and rate them.

-Barry