[Spce-user] Resellers and broken billing profiles best practices

Walter Klomp walter at myrepublic.net
Thu Sep 21 12:10:56 EDT 2023

And it’s not even complicated. I just used monit to check if rate-o-mat is
not running and if it isn’t I’d set the rating status to failed for the
first unrated record it finds (same way rate-o-mat does), and start
rate-o-mat again. (Obviously still the mailbox would be full of monit
warnings but that’s another issue)

On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 at 21:55, Barry Flanagan <barry at flanagan.ie> wrote:

> On 21/09/2023 14:08, Jiri Ptacnik wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > anybody using Reseller functionality on SPCE?
> >
> > Thinking about rate-o-mat problems with not-well configured billing
> > profiles. Any reseller could make own billing profile, or more, and if
> > he make a mistake, it shut down rate-o-mat and it will affect
> > everybody on server.
>
> Yes, this has been one of my biggest gripes with the C5. In my previous
> company we had many resellers on a C5 Carrier platform and this was a
> constant headache. I asked multiple times if this behaviour could be
> changed to not kill rate-o-mat but mark the CDR as in suspense and raise
> an alert instead of just dying. Sipwise were not willing to do it and I
> never understood quite why.
>
> I think if rate-o-mat simply marked such CDR rating_status field as
> "suspense" or similar and carried on, then it is up to the operator to
> go through these before the end of the billing period and add the
> necessary rates. Then rate-o-mat would pick them up and rate them.
>
> -Barry
>

> --

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may
also be privileged. You must not disseminate the contents of this email and
any attachments without permission of the sender. If you have received this
email by mistake, please delete all copies and inform the sender
immediately. You may refer to our company's Privacy Policy here
<https://myrepublic.net/sg/legal/terms-of-use-policies/privacy-policy/>.