[Spce-user] [EXTERNAL] can't get the sipwise c5CE installed with the CD Image

Mykola Malkov mmalkov at sipwise.com
Sat Apr 20 00:54:48 EDT 2024

Hello Raymund,

It looks like file /etc/ngcp_hostname is missing. It's strange, because
it's created at the very beginning of ngcp-initial-configuration.

Do the following:
1. Add DEBUG_MODE=true to /etc/ngcp-installer/config_deploy.inc
2. Rerun ngcp-initial-configuration
3.  Check system_set_ngcp_hostname execution in /var/log/ngcp-installer.log

On Sat, Apr 20, 2024 at 1:58 AM <raymund at settel.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Not sure what I am doing wrong but I can’t the SIPWISE C5CE installed with
> the CD image.
>
> I tried 12.2.1 and 12.3.1 also different hosting services but the result
> is always the same.
>
> Supposedly everything installs right, I can log in with root and sipwise
> but when I start with the Initial System Configuration (from the Sipwise
> NGCP Handbook)
>

> I get : Fatal error retrieving ngcp_hostname [] at /usr/sbin/ngcp-network
> line 26
>

> Next step : passwd cdrexport works (since that is a simple Debian command)
>

> Mysqladmin password ************ results in :
>
> Mysqladmin: connect to server at ‘localhost’ failed
>
> Error. #Can’t connect to local server through socket
> ‘/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)’
>
> Check that mariadbd is running and the socket: ‘/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’
> exists.
>

> There is not even a folder mysqld in /run/
>

> Attemps to the adminconsole https://ip:1443 time out
>

> Any help would be really appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> Raymund