[Spce-user] [EXTERNAL] RE: nginx failed to start due to the missing ssl folder and dhparam.pem

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Wed Jun 19 14:16:46 EDT 2024

Hi,

* Pa Ka [Wed Jun 19, 2024 at 03:07:46PM +0000]:

> Hello, it is strange for sure. Below is the steps so you can investigate.
> 1 Install mr12.3.1 on a vm with ngcp-installer.
> 2 run ngcp-initial-configuration. At this stage along with other configurations ngcp is functioning.
> 3. nginx failed to start because of ssl directory and dhparam.pem is missing within /etc/ngcp-config/shared-files/ssl
[...]

We execute all those steps automatically in our development and
build pipeline many times. And we even verified it manually, but we
definitely can't reproduce it.

But if you don't answer my specific questions, we won't be able to
assist you, sorry.

As stated in my other mail and to further clarify:

1) Did you install NGCP on a fresh/plain Debian bookworm system (as
opposed to a customized Debian system from your provider or alike)?

2) How did you install NGCP? (Please provide the exact command lines.)

3) Did you run ngcp-initial-configuration with any special options?
Did you reboot your system betwen executing ngcp-installer and
ngcp-initial-configuration as instructed?

4) What's inside your /var/log/ngcp-installer.log?

regards
-mika-