[Spce-user] SPCE v2.4 media relay issue

Jonathan Martin jmartin at akcode.com
Thu Dec 22 16:54:58 EST 2011

Hi,

I have installed sip:provider CE 2.4, following the instructions in the handbook, on a fresh install of Debian Squeeze x64 running in Virtual Box 4.0.14 on Windows Server 2003.  The only change I’ve made to config.yml is to enable TLS.  Whenever I boot the machine, “ngcp-mediaproxy-ng-daemon status” tells me that the media relay failed to start.  I’ve looked in rtp.log but did not find any errors indicating why the media relay failed to start.  If I run “ngcp-mediaproxy-ng-daemon restart”, the media relay starts up without any error.

Once I have the media relay running, I can make a call between two UAs on our corporate LAN, but only if the server is also on the corporate LAN.  When I put the server on an external public IP, the two UAs on the corporate LAN can register with the server but a call cannot be initiated.  The callee does not receive any SIP messages indicating an incoming call.  The calling UA eventually receives a SIP 408 Request Timeout packet from the server.  I’ve looked at the logs but do not see why the call is failing.  A nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

As a quick test, I also downloaded and imported the VirtualBox sip:provider CE 2.4 appliance image.  Upon booting it, it also tells me that the media relay failed to start.

Regards,
--Jonathan