[Spce-user] SPCE and reinviting and also vmware questions

Dave Massey dave at optionsdsl.ca
Wed Sep 14 14:39:04 EDT 2011

You guys must be getting sick of my posts ;)

I switched providers, I couldnt get that other one to work, so the new one is voip.ms, and it worked well right out of the box, with audio and all ;)

But my question is reinviting, and the conditions required for it to work. Right now the RTP audio streams pass thru the SPCE box to the customer.

The customers will be behind NAT, and each ATA will have their own internal IP of course.
The SPCE box will be public IP no nat involved.

My provider defaults reinviting to off but can be enabled by request.
Can this sort of configuration work for reinviting multiple ATA devices behind a single public IP?

Also, the last time I tried to do VOIP on a vmware box, it failed badly, (broken audio) (Asterisk), but it was transcoding each call.
I dont want to do any transcoding, I want to use the native codecs supported by the peer(pass through?) Does SPCE even do transcoding?

I can put it on its own box if need be.