[Spce-user] New: cant figure out some things

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Tue Sep 6 23:11:21 EDT 2011

El Tue, 6 Sep 2011 18:21:29 -0400
Dave Massey <dave at optionsdsl.ca> escribió:

> Im getting into sipwise CE for possible use as a VOIP provider addon to my
> ISP.
>
> I was able to get it to receive calls OK. but when I try to make calls, my
> provider says that my SIP TO is wrong, he says Im sending a
> SIP:905772000 at 0.0.0.0 (where 0.0.0.0 is my IP)  when I should be sending the
> provider's IP in the TO part. He also says that the contact header is saying
> ngcp-lb where it should say the phone number that Im calling from. And there
> is no remote party ID either.
>
> here is a log excerpt
>
> Reply from Outbound - S=403 - Forbidden To F=sip:19056670000 at 24.102.50.6
> T=sip:9057720000 at 0.0.0.0 IP=74.51.40.188:5060
> ID=sTOglmQQyiaAvzZKTUAR6LrFoSbsz9XE_b2b-1
>

> The docs arent very clear nor are there any examples available from my
> provider.
>
> Can anyone help?

First of all, your provider should never route based on the To header but based
on the request uri.

The contact is not used for the CLI, that's the from header. The contact can
contain random strings and it's also recommended that way. I don't get why the
contact should contain the telephone number.

So instead of using the ruri and the from, they want to use the To and Contact
headers for their routing decisions? That makes no sense to me.