[Spce-user] Sipwise best config practises.?

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Fri Dec 28 06:44:26 EST 2012

El Fri, 28 Dec 2012 09:50:06 +0000
Byron Smith <byronsmith at hotmail.com> escribió:

> > An account is just a billing container for subscribers belonging to the
> > same customer (or contract, that is)
>
> Sorry to interrupt but out of interest can subscribers from two different
> accounts call each other?

Of course. Accounts have nothing to do with call routing.

> Are subscribers specific to that account?

Every subscriber belongs to one account. That's onlu for billing purposes.

> What I
> mean is can you have identical subscribers but each in their own account.

No. You can't have two identical subscribers. Accounts have nothing to do but
with accounting.

> guess that where realms come in to it? Can a realm be associated with an
> account?

With realm you mean domain. Domains have common sip routing preferences and
it's a subscriber container related to sip, meanwhile account is a subscriber
container related to billing. There's no relation between domain and account.

> Apologies, so many question. if this hs already been asked perhaps there is a
> FAQ I could read on this that may save you having to repeat?

We'll improve our handbook and/or web page with a FAQ. 2013 is our "going social
and user-friendly" year :)

cheers,

Jon