[Spce-user] Regarding Auto attendant ivr

Jon Bonilla jbonilla at sipwise.com
Mon Jan 9 11:01:50 EST 2012

El Mon, 9 Jan 2012 15:34:25 +0000
Kurt Ingleson <kurt at pacomms.co.uk> escribió:

> Ok so this is kindof for everyone a general question, seeing as the spce
> isn't gonna have ivr now or in the future except for pro is there any way i
> can link an incoming number from the spce box to say an asterisk or
> freeswitch box for ivr and then pass the selected digits back to the spce,
> also could that asterisk box be used for presence, we are looking at
> implementing a hosted solution, its a toss up between whistle from 2600hz or
> this system, its just the lack of functions thats making me swing away from
> spce, for example most people signing up for a office hosted pbx would deffo
> want presence, hunt groups and possibly ivr menus, also day and night
> switching etc etc, is any of this possible on the spce or is the spce box
> best used for providing either sip trunks to other boxes or basic telephony
> for home users ? i have asked if spce pro can be installed on my own boxes
> and got no reply as of yet, but the cost of the pro is i feel a little
> excessive when there are other free products on the market that do more,
> granted maybe without the billing modules etc etc and the very cool user
> interface but, well whadda you think or have i got the wrong end of the stick
> for what spce is really for,
>
> Thanks alot
> Kurt

Hi Kurt

Maybe the problem is that the spce is not what you need. You need a PBX while
the Sip Provider is a class5 softswitch. It's not that the spce "has lack of
functions when there are other free products on the market", I think
you're comparing the spce with PBX solutions like Asterisk.

A PBX solution module is being developed. As other optional modules, it will be
available just in our PRO solution. This does not make our system a PBX, it
just integrates a PBX in our system as a module.

If you need a carrier grade class5 softswitch, spce is the right choice. If you
need a company PBX it isn't.

cheers,

Jon