[Spce-user] Issue with allowed_clis feature in 2.4

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Mon Jan 16 05:02:08 EST 2012

Sébastien,
It would really help to see some SIP traces, but I think that's what is
happening:

Asterisk is sending either P-Preferred-Identity or P-Asserted-Identity
with the number equal to subscriber's primary E.164 number.
However "Set(CALLERID(num)=xxxxxxxxx)" sets merely the From
display-name, which is less preferred compared to PPI/PAI.

So, you should change P-Preferred-Identity number or omit
P-Preferred-Identity in order to use the From display-name.

The logic for user-provided CLI manipulations in v2.4 is the following:
- The user-provided CLI is taken from, in the order of preference,
P-Preferred-Identity, P-Asserted-Identity and From display-name;

- The user-provided CLI extracted in such a way from SIP headers is
checked against allowed_clis, if match is not found it is rejected and
user_cli preference or network-provided CLI is used as last resort;

- The network-provided CLI is the cli preference set to the primary
E.164 number of the subscriber and it *shall not be removed* (removing
it will break the voicemail and other things):

- If you still remove cli preference the network-provided CLI will
fallback to the From display-name, so that is why you can place a call
using any CLI.

Please retry with updated knowledge. If something doesn't work please
provide the logs because for me it works as expected.