[Spce-user] Error installing SPCE with ngcp-installer

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Mon Jan 16 12:32:23 EST 2012

* Israel Padron [Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 05:04:31PM +0100]:

> The installation brokes at the point of collectd instalation, I tried to
> reinstall with ngcp-installer some times more. I didn´t use collect it
> before, its a fresh install.

Ok, very strange, sadly we still can't reproduce this issue...

> After notice that installation stoped in
> collectd package, I downloaded source from
> http://deb.sipwise.com/squeeze-backports/pool/main/c/collectd/collectd_4.10.1-1+squeeze2.1.tar.gzand
> compile it. Installation from source works fine after unistalling
> libprotobuf (trting to compile with libprotobuf ends in crash).

There's something strange going on on your system ;)
What system/hardware are you using?
Do you have the message of the libprotobuf crash available?

> So I´m able to install collectd compiling from source, but not
> with ngcp-installer.

This seems to be just coincidence, because there shouldn't be any
relevant difference between the version you compiled/installed on
your own and the one we're providing in our archives WRT service
handling.

> The output of bash -x /var/lib/dpkg/info/collectd.postinst configure is:

> + set -e
> + '[' -x /etc/init.d/collectd ']'
> ++ which invoke-rc.d
> + '[' -x /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d ']'
> + invoke-rc.d collectd restart
> Restarting statistics collection and monitoring daemon: collectdNot
> restarting c
> invoke-rc.d: initscript collectd, action "restart" failed.
> + exit 1

Very strange.

Can you still reproduce this issue?
If so, can you please provide the output of:

  ps auxwww | grep '[c]ollectd'
  /etc/init.d/collectd restart
  ps auxwww | grep '[c]ollectd'

?