[Spce-user] Authentication

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Mon Jul 9 13:01:16 EDT 2012

El Mon, 9 Jul 2012 17:43:36 +0100
"John Murray" <john.murray at skyracktelecom.com> escribió:

> Hello,
>

> I have mobile MVNO service which I want to connect the mobile handsets via
> SIP to the SPCE as endpoints to give voicemail, call forwarding, etc
> services to.
>
> All calls made by the Handset are routed to me via SIP and I can call the
> handset via SIP.
>
> As I want to give each user their own settings and voice mailbox etc. I set
> each user as a subscriber with a fixed contact of the ip address of the
> MVNO.
>

> This works however the MVNO does not REGISTER and when an INVITE call is
> received from the MVNO the SPCE sees this as a user with endpoint and wants
> to authenticate but the MVNO cannot do this.
>

> Is there a way to authenticate endpoints on ip address or do I have to
> disable authentication for the whole system?

Hi John

The permanent location is for endpoints that can't register but they still need
to authenticate.

For clients that won't authenticate, we need to set "Trusted-Sources". This has
already been implemented in trunk and will be present in 2.6 release.

Meanwhile you can either disable authentication, or customize your installation
by playing with kamailio.trusted table, or wait for 2.6,  or you could buy a
2.6trunk based PRO system which would receive regular updates until we
release the stable version.

cheers,

Jon