[Spce-user] Problems with peergroup server change and cdr display

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Mon Jun 18 11:14:58 EDT 2012

Hi,

Please ALWAYS reply to the list as well for others to see it (unless
it's log messages we're requesting for in-depth trouble shooting).

On 06/17/2012 09:53 PM, Vladimir Grujic wrote:
> now even more strange thing is happening. I have a call with some
> call_id in the cdr table but there is no entries for that call_id in the
> log file for that date.

Then rsyslog is not running on your machine, or there is some issue with
your storage. Also make sure to use "zgrep" instead of "grep" when
searching in /var/log/ngcp/old/, because the log files there are gzipped.

> Will do some more tests (maybe i have accidentally change something in
> proxy.conf for kamailio, because a had to add some app to asterisk and
> route some numbers to it)
> Another thing i have noticed is bad nat detection. I have various cpe
> devices at customer premises (adsl, cdma evdo, wimax, wifi) and in
> majority of cases i see that subscriber use of  nat is no on his status
> page and i am certain that his sip is behind the cpe. The another
> problem are some cpe devices with sip clients on it . I have a peer
> defined and forced use of proxy for that peer. The sip client is at
> public ip and forced to use proxy, nevertheless the rtp stream is trying
> to connect from peer to cpe directly. I will elaborate all that quite
> extensively on another mail which i will send in front of the company i
> work for in the next couple of days (some form o enterprise business
> inquiry).

NAT detection is done based on the comparison of the source ip the
request is coming from with the IP addresses in various header fields
(e.g. Via and Contact). Do a tcpdump or ngrep to see the content of the
SIP messages.

Andreas