[Spce-user] API for getting current calls status?

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Oct 11 05:34:48 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 10/11/2012 11:09 AM, Klaus Peter v. Friedeburg wrote:
> when I see it right you get the data form kamailio FIFO via kamctrl. But
> what happens when using more than one proxy for load balancing and
> rendundancing?

This is not exactly a valid point for a stock CE, but see my comments below:

> I think the only right way is to get the information from the database
> where active calls are logged (kamailio.acc).
>
> My solution is to take a look on kamailio.acc for active calls.

You'd still need to query all your kamailio.acc tables, like you'd need
to do with XMLDispatcher, however XMLDispatcher - beside other things
like sync/async requests - already supports querying more than one proxy
(the "dispatch" function in XMLDispatcher.pm has a detailed
documentation on that).

So Matt's approach is the more elegant one from my point of view,
because it allows easy expansion to query more than one proxy.

For our up-scaled carrier solutions, which transparently supports
multiple pairs of PROs, we've a dedicated provisioning middleware which
routes API calls to the pair which serves the user, so in this case
Matt's approach would work out of the box as well, because in this case
the serving node has only one proxy running (like a CE in active/standby
mode).

The good thing about open source though is that everyone can do it the
way it suits him best :)

Andreas