[Spce-user] PATCH: Updated to 2.6 - OPTIONS && NOTIFY

Skyler skchopperguy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 06:15:39 EDT 2012

Hi Matthew,

 Thanks for that link, buried in email and couldn't recall which thread we
were in ;)

 This OPTIONS patch is focused on security, handling pings from trusted
sources and catching enumeration before floods occur. Example: An asterisk
box being a subscriber/peer would be authorized, whereas an attacker
polling for accounts would be flagged and blocked @ ngcp-lb
immediately. Thereby avoiding future INVITE or REGISTER flooding.

 The NOTIFY patch simply looks for keep-alive events which originate from
authorized subscriber devices/SIP-Software. To facilitate far-end NAT.

 Back to that other thread ;)

-Skyler