[Spce-user] Σχετ: Sip Provider CE specs

Theodoros Kafantaris thkafadaris at yahoo.gr
Fri Apr 5 04:04:43 EDT 2013

Dear All,

In order not to be misunderstood I would like to rephrase my question “B”.
We would like you to verify whether SIP provider CE with recommended HW (Dual-core x86_64 compatible 3GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB HDD) can support the performance below or not:
50.000 Subscriber Lines
180.000 Busy Hour Call Attempts
50 Call Attempts per Second
2.000 Concurrent Calls
Unlimited number of Class4 Peerings
Unlimited number of SIP Peerings
Please have in mind that we have installed SIP provider CE according to the provided procedure by you .
Having this standard architecture implemented, RTP packets from user A to B will be routed to each other, passing via SIP provider CE.
Could you please verify that the recommended HW/Architecture/Topology can support the above performance value when media(audio or video) follows that path?
If not do you suggest the usage of a STUN server instead (Question A)?

Best Regards.

________________________________
 Απο: Kevin Masse <kmasse at questblue.com>
Προς: Jeremie Chism <jchism2 at gmail.com>; Theodoros Kafantaris <thkafadaris at yahoo.gr>
Κοιν.: spce-user at lists.sipwise.com
Στάλθηκε: 2:31 π.μ. Παρασκευή, 5 Απριλίου 2013
Θέμα: RE: [Spce-user] Sip Provider CE specs

Greetings, I agree with Jeremie on server load.  There really isn’t much to a load when everything is working as expected.

My only comment is  in question b as listed below.
It would greatly help to understand your configuration before a firm answer can be provided with theories on volume.

Will you be using Sipwise as a SBC?

Kevin