[Spce-user] First attempt

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Thu Apr 11 19:03:07 EDT 2013

El Thu, 11 Apr 2013 17:51:59 -0500
Pedro Guillem <pedro.guillem at gmail.com> escribió:

> Ok, i have performed a fresh install.
>
> Everything looks neat, the documentation is very comprenhensive, but so far:
>
> 1) After creating 3 suscribers, i can not register any of them in the
> server. The documentation states i simply should be able to. Do i have to
> tweak anything else?

You're probably not listening the public ip address

> 2) Port 5060 (udp) on the public IP seems to be closed (only open on
> localhost), i have no idea what process is suposed to be serving such port
> and why i´m getting localhost:5060 only.

http://www.sipwise.com/doc/2.8/spce/ar01s05.html#_network_configuration

Did you execute ngcp-network commands to make your systems listen to external
addresses?

> 3) I don´t know where to change the codec order or where to configure the
> codec order. The documentation is missing this info. I want to enable
> G729a/b, but i don´t know if this is required or available.

The spce is media transparent. End devices will negotiate the codecs. What you
can do is filter the codecs in whitelist/blacjlist if you need to.

> 4) The documentation is not very clear on how to use SIP Peering, for
> instance, i did not understand how to allow traffic only from a specific IP
> (FROM A PEERING SERVER).

When you create a peer group and you create peer_hosts aka gateways, the ip
addresses og those gateways will be the only ones allowed and binded to that
peering group. Maybe I missundertood your question?

> Moreover, less important, but still doubts:
>
> 5) I did not understand how to tell the difference between an inbound peer
> and an outbound peer. How do i diferentiate between both?

A peer is a peer.If you create peering servers you'll accept incoming traffic
from them. If you create peering rules you'll send the matching calls there.

> 6) I did not understand if NCOS Levels applies the restrictions server-wide
> or peer-wide.

Once you create a ncos level you can set it to a domain or a
particular subscriber.

> 7) I did not understand wether the CDRs are stored on MySQL directly or if
> i have to manually get them to import them elsewhere.

They are stored in mysql and automatically exported every 30 minutes to csv
files so you can import them in third party billing systems.

> I find parts of the system very confusing.
> Could anybody give me a hand?

Step by step. Check and if you have doubts place them here. We also offer
trainings which show you how to install/operate spce and pro systems :)

cheers,

Jon