[Spce-user] Please let me know why I faced401/403(Unauthorized/Invalid To-URI Detected).

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Tue Mar 19 18:37:50 EDT 2013

El Tue, 19 Mar 2013 17:29:41 -0500 (CDT)
Marc Rys <m.rys at tri-lakes.net> escribió:

> I'm having the same problem.  error 403 on my test phone when trying to dial
> a 10 digit north America number.
>
> I just setup SPCE from scratch yesterday, my installation went really well, i
> got my test phone registered successfully, but when I got to the Peer setup
> my progress came to a stop.  My peer is another soft switch I have on my
> network and I have it setup using the same method I've used for trunking to
> other SIP devices...  (Cisco IADs, Asterisk, Broadworks, SIP LD term
> providers)
>
> I'm so green, can somebody please point me in the direction of where to look
> at the SIP messaging logs?  I figure this would explain why Im getting the
> 403 forbidden error.
>
> I'm going to also wireshark my single NIC interface on SPCE right now to see
> if that gives me any clues
>
> Thanks in advance..

ngrep-sip is the quickest way to check what's going on in the network.

checking the proxy logs is usually the best method to see what happened with a
particular call. If the problem is related to permisions or routing there you
have the answer.  You can find the logs under /var/log/ngcp/*

cheers,

Jon