[Spce-user] LCR support for CE

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Fri May 10 07:16:50 EDT 2013

Hi Pete,

On 05/10/2013 12:59 PM, Pete Kelly wrote:
> Thanks for that - so I have created the new billing profile and created
> the contract, so I have 2 contracts in the "SIP Peerings" menu.
>
> When I create the peering group, how does it know to do some kind of LCR?

Because you have to assign a contract id to a peering group, and a
contract has a billing profile, where the costs of calls via this groups
are stored.

> Provider A charges me 10c/min for prefix 44, Provider B charges me
> 11c/min for prefix 44.
>
> When one of my subscribers dials prefix 44 I would like the LCR to
> choose Provider A to terminate the call as they are cheaper for termination.

We implemented a kamailio module called lcr_rate, which takes the lcr
list as returned by the lcr module (ordered by weight, priorities etc),
and reorders the groups of gateways according to the cost.

> Also, am I right in thinking that in order to have a "sell price" for my
> subscribers, I just set them up with a Billing Profile which reflects
> sell pricing, and to have a "cost price" for my sip peers, I just set
> them up with a different billing profile which reflects my "cost price" ?

Exactly. It depends on where the profile is being used to tell whether
the fees are costs or income.

Andreas