[Spce-user] LCR support for CE

Pete Kelly pkelly at gmail.com
Fri May 10 11:03:52 EDT 2013

On 10 May 2013 12:16, Andreas Granig <agranig at sipwise.com> wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>

> On 05/10/2013 12:59 PM, Pete Kelly wrote:
>
>> Thanks for that - so I have created the new billing profile and created
>> the contract, so I have 2 contracts in the "SIP Peerings" menu.
>>
>> When I create the peering group, how does it know to do some kind of LCR?
>>

> Because you have to assign a contract id to a peering group, and a
> contract has a billing profile, where the costs of calls via this groups
> are stored.
>

>  Provider A charges me 10c/min for prefix 44, Provider B charges me
>> 11c/min for prefix 44.
>>
>> When one of my subscribers dials prefix 44 I would like the LCR to
>> choose Provider A to terminate the call as they are cheaper for
>> termination.
>>

> We implemented a kamailio module called lcr_rate, which takes the lcr list
> as returned by the lcr module (ordered by weight, priorities etc), and
> reorders the groups of gateways according to the cost.

>  Also, am I right in thinking that in order to have a "sell price" for my
>> subscribers, I just set them up with a Billing Profile which reflects
>> sell pricing, and to have a "cost price" for my sip peers, I just set
>> them up with a different billing profile which reflects my "cost price" ?
>>

> Exactly. It depends on where the profile is being used to tell whether the
> fees are costs or income.

Thanks Andreas, I have LCR working now as a basic example.

I notice though that calls are not being rated. Every call I make is left
as 'unrated' against the subscriber. Is there a rating script I need to run?

Also there seems to be an option to use a permanent Contact header rather
than a SIP REGISTER, is this something that is supported? Even when I fill
it in I am being asked for Auth credentials within a 407.