[Spce-user] Subscriber with only IP authentication

Tabi Tabe Tabi tabi.tabe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 05:29:53 EDT 2014

Hi,

I read in one of the emails that it is possible to setup a subscriber to
connect to SPCE with IP address authentication, instead of SIP username and
password. I am trying to do that but realized that the subscriber account
requires SIP username and password.

I have setup a subscriber with a DID and tested with a polycom phone and it
can make outboud and receive inbound calls no problem. On the same account,
tried using on an IP PBX which only support IP authentication SIP trunk
without SIP username and password and it fails. It can neither receive nor
make calls. Here is what I did:

Subscriber--->Details --> Preferences --->Trusted Source . Here I added the
IP address of the IP PBX (both are in the same LAN and Subnet)

Then I enabled E164_to_RURI here:
Subscriber--->Details --> Preferences --->Number Manipulation

By making the changes above, I assume that SPCE will not expect the PBX to
send username and password and will process the calls. Also, all calls made
to the DID will be routed to the PBX.

I have the PBX working fine with Gendband S3 as a reference. Am I doing
something wrong or did I miss a step?

You feedback is much appreciated.

Regards,

--