[Spce-user] New Install

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Tue May 13 03:42:54 EDT 2014

Hi,
out of the box, text messages are only allowed between subscribers which
have authorized each other via XCAP to prevent unsolicited messages.
Have you authorized your subscribers to see the presence status of each
other? This is definitely possible with Jitsi/

Still if you want to allow messaging without authorization you can
follow instructions I wrote in my last email:

Chat/presence is enabled by default in all recent version (by setting
presence: yes in /etc/ngcp-config/config.yml), but depending on your
client you may have to follow instructions from this thread:
http://lists.sipwise.com/pipermail/spce-user/2013-June/004290.html

This is exactly the case you have described.