[Spce-user] Newbie question

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Fri Oct 10 10:25:02 EDT 2014

Hi,

On 10/10/2014 04:05 PM, Tom Foley wrote:
> I'm working through the features of SPCE using the 3.2.2 Virtual Box image (with updates via APT-UPDATE) and am making progress and generally getting the feel for the "Sipwise way". I have a working telephony system at this stage with outgoing and incoming. What I'm missing is that new user hand-holding and hope you'll forgive me if these questions seem silly.

The questions are perfectly fine and the feedback from people coming
from other products is valuable for us.

> 1). I understand there is a transition away from apache to nginx. And
> right now both are required?

yes, the apache with mod_perl is still required by the SOAP API, however
the Web panels themselves are provided by the nginx.

> 2). I'm seeing two user control panels. One at https://1.2.3.4  (port 80
> I assume, not sure) and another at https://1.2.3.4:1443 Is this normal?

The one on port 443 is the old customer self-care panel, where
subscriber can login using his Web username and password. This is going
to become obsolete in the near future

> 3). Is there a web page where a new user can sign themselves up? Or is
> this left to me and use API calls?

We don't have such a page at the moment. You may choose between the REST
and SOAP API :)

> Knowing the answers to these will keep me going for a while, the
> documentation is outstanding, it sure beats inaccurate/outdated google
> searches I'm used to from previous products.

BTW, is there any reason for using the version 3.2.2 ? The latest
version is currently mr3.4.2. However, as I see after a recent hardware
failure on www.sipwise.com we don't have the documentation for the newer
versions online, sorry for the inconvenience.

The upgrade path for you would be: 3.2.2->3.3.2->3.4.2, similar
instructions apply to all versions:
https://www.sipwise.com/doc/mr3.2.2/spce/ar01s03.html#_upgrade_from_version_3_1_to_mr3_2_1

Andrew