[Spce-user] New Sipwise ISO

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Thu Feb 5 09:52:52 EST 2015

El Thu, 5 Feb 2015 01:56:45 -0800
"William Fulton" <wfulton at thirdhatch.com> escribió:

> The problem is in the non-free firmware that is lacking in the ISO.  I
> am using an IBM Blade for this and the network adaptors do not work with
> the Sipwise ISO.  I have to use the debian netinstall cd with non-free
> firmware in order to get my adaptors to work.  I've heard this is not
> uncommon with Broadcom network adaptors.  I was just wondering if this
> was a feature we could look for in future Sipwise ISOs.

Hi William

AFAIK the cd installer will install debian with the firmware packages. What I'm
not sure is if the live system, which has to install debian, has those firmware
packages available.

Does the installation fail because it can't debootstrap or is it after the
installation finishes that you don't have hardware support?