[Spce-user] New Sipwise ISO

William Fulton wfulton at thirdhatch.com
Thu Feb 12 18:57:46 EST 2015

Yes, the live cd does not have access to the firmware packages.  It
loads just fine, but cannot communicate on the network after it loads.

The technique I have been using is downloading the debain netinstall iso
with the non-free firmware, then using the installation script.
However, with the arrival of the ISO I want to make sure it works with
my gear in case the install script gets phased out.

Thank you,

William

Hi William

AFAIK the cd installer will install debian with the firmware packages.
What I'm

not sure is if the live system, which has to install debian, has those
firmware

packages available.

Does the installation fail because it can't debootstrap or is it after
the

installation finishes that you don't have hardware support?