[Spce-user] New Sipwise ISO

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at sipdoc.net
Thu Feb 12 19:49:36 EST 2015

El Thu, 12 Feb 2015 15:57:46 -0800
"William Fulton" <wfulton at thirdhatch.com> escribió:

> Yes, the live cd does not have access to the firmware packages.  It
> loads just fine, but cannot communicate on the network after it loads.
>

> The technique I have been using is downloading the debain netinstall iso
> with the non-free firmware, then using the installation script.
> However, with the arrival of the ISO I want to make sure it works with
> my gear in case the install script gets phased out.

Should not happen. If I'm not wrong, this is the firmware package list
available in grml-full which is the live system the Sipwise ISO uses:

atmel-firmware
bluez-firmware
firmware-atheros
firmware-bnx2
firmware-bnx2x
firmware-brcm80211
firmware-intelwimax
firmware-iwlwifi
firmware-libertas
firmware-linux
firmware-linux-free
firmware-linux-nonfree
firmware-myricom
firmware-netxen
firmware-qlogic
firmware-ralink
firmware-realtek
ipxe-qemu
zd1211-firmware

Try to boot the ISO in grml live mode and check the networking stuff. What's
the output of lspci and dmesg? Are you booting with the right boot options?